Written by admin on April 6th, 2011
The iPhone and the iPod have gained extreme prominence in the consumer electronics market. Because of their portability and multiple functions, a lot of people have fallen in love with these products. Further, aside from their functionality, there is a vast multitude of different applications which users can download to their convenience. These applications range from weather forecasting to news, blogging, games and anything you can imagine. With the countless applications available online, you will most definitely find some wacky apps in amongst those fancy calculators and news blogs. The following list takes you to some of the weirdest applications to hit the market.
1. Rimshot & Crickets. This application is free and functions like a personal soundtrack to one’s life. Basically, the application aims to provide the most appropriate type of sound effects for a certain occasion. If you want to tell a funny joke then the Rimshot can provide the iconic “bah-dum-bum-chsssh” cymbal crash to finish it with style.
2. Drunk Dialer. When you’re drunk, it is a big NO-NO to call anyone. Nearly everyone who has ever been the culprit of the humiliating drunk dial has regretted it. Chances are your contact list contains the numbers of the people you dated in past, people you have crushes on and horror-of-all-horrors, your parents. Well, this app avoids the morning after cringe by registering the user’s movements. A gentle sway will cause the keypad to block, and the phone will not be able to make a call until it remains stationary for a certain amount of time. Sounds handy, that is, if you remember to open the app in such an inebriated state!
3. Hold On! This is a free application which takes the cake as one of the most useless to ever grace the App Store. The only purpose of the application is to test how long you can press a virtual button. Your endurance levels will be measured and can be submitted for a personal record. While you may find yourself secretly grinning over a personal best, it’s not really something to boast about!
4. Multi-coloured concert lighter. No concert is complete without a “lighter song”. Usually this is a slow ballad where people raise their lit lighters in the air and softly sway to the music. Basically, the application puts a virtual lighter on the iPod or iPhone’s screen. Just like the real thing, the virtual light can also flicker, and sways according to the user’s motions. While it may be amusing, unless you go to a concert with a lighter song or simply make your own concert, there’s no other use for it. On the plus side, this app should get a prize for reducing a common fire hazard!
5. iSteam. The software behind the iSteam is extremely impressive, yet the app itself is just bizarre. Basically, the application creates virtual condensation onto the device’s screen and allows the user to scribble just as they would on a moist mirror or car window. You can also blow into the microphone and create steam to fog up the screen again.
6. iFart. This is a free application and, as the name implies, lets you play a lot of trumping sounds. Choose from a variety of sound effects and have as much fun as possible until your friends’ sense of humor runs dry.
7. iBeer. The iBeer is an application for aficionados. It can mimic a glass getting filled with the foamy and rust colored liquid of beer. You can even tilt the screen and act as if you’re drinking real beer. While the application may seem amusing, certainly, you can only enjoy it up to certain extent. Still, nothing beats the real thing right?
8. Annoy-a-Teen. Because of the prevalent ruckus caused by gangs or hooded youths, corner shops and fast food restaurants often use annoying high frequency noises to drive teenagers away. Nonetheless, people with iPods and iPhones can have the same technology right at the palm of their hands. If you want to clear a pathway, you can certainly use the sound…if you dare.
9. Cat Photo Clock Light. This application is made for cat lovers, and only for cat lovers. Once downloaded, you can simply view different pictures of cats and other slideshows.
10. iBlackout. The purpose of the application is to provide a virtual torch that can offer sufficient light when the owner is trying to find something. Once accessed, the application turns the whole screen into one bright color of choice. Easy to see the advantages of this app, unless of course you need to find your iPhone.This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 6th, 2011 at 8:03 am and is filed under Fun, Top 10. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.