Written by admin on April 6th, 2011
We always hear about how advanced information technology makes our lives easier. But do we ever really see the full extent of its benefits? Of course, there’s more accessible phone use, and easier research through the Internet, but aside from these, are there any other tangible advantages? Of course, there are! Here’s a list of a whole lot of daily routines which you can readily and quickly accomplish from behind your computer desk.
1. Online banking. Bank errands can be especially tedious. Aside from the need to drive, there’s a one hundred percent chance you’ll end up queuing once you get to the bank’s premises. And what if you have a number of banks to go to? Surely you’d have all the energy and time to make it before these institutions close for the day, right? Well, thanks to technology, this dreaded task can now be accomplished with ease. With financial institutions now offering secured online access to bank accounts, tasks such as transferring money and paying bills can be completed in a matter of minutes.
2. Working from home. Establishing a fruitful corporate or government career used to be a rather narrow path. You apply for a job, get accepted, work your way up the ladder, and hope that one day you get that coveted top position. Of course, all this hard work is still essential if you want to truly establish yourself professionally, but the big difference now is that you can do it right in the comfort of your home. And you know what that means? You won’t have to power dress any more or deal with annoying office mates. Of course, if you need to attend an online conference for the day, you might want to don a professional-looking jacket to hide those matching sweats!
3. Running a small business. In these dire economic times we’re in, it’s reassuring to know there are a few other outlets from which to earn a living. Perhaps you have a knack for creating useful, artsy crafts? So what’s stopping you from hocking them online? You can always put up a standalone website to sell these items, or run an online store through bidding sites such as eBay.
4. Booking flights. If you’re a frequent flyer, then you probably have your travel agent’s phone number on speed dial. But you might need to say goodbye to this business relationship while you still can. Travel agents are in fact a vanishing lot, thanks to airlines making travel reservations a breeze to accomplish now. And the best part of this is that you get to really save on your travel expenses as the need to pay extra for the agent’s services is eliminated.
5. Ordering movies. Weekend movie nights used to commence with a trip to the local video rental store. But this is no more as movies, in their digital formats of course, can be ordered with just a few clicks of the mouse! So why brave a chilly evening journey when you can quickly snuggle up the couch after completing your movie purchase online?
6. Shopping. Avid shoppers can of course frequent the malls. But with more and more online stores cropping up these days, this is no longer necessary. Not only is walking incessantly to find the things you’re looking to buy obsolete, but the whole hassle of looking for a spot in a crowded mall parking lot as well. Plus, you’re not just limited to merchandise that’s offered within the U.S. In fact, you can buy from anywhere around the world. Fancy an authentic sarong for an upcoming beach trip? Surely you’ll find nice ones being sold online!
7. Obtaining a diploma. Online schools are becoming more and more the norm these days. And this just makes sense. Not only does this new platform make education more accessible, but it also makes it cheaper. No more paying high prices for a dorm room, or having those long gas-guzzling drives to and from school. And if you’re worrying about getting a sub-standard education, then fear not! Reputable online educational institutions comply with strict standards set by professional and governmental institutions to maintain integrity. And best of all, there are a number of federal and state scholarships you can avail yourself of to help you obtain an online degree.This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 6th, 2011 at 8:02 am and is filed under Daily Life. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.